Who recalls that feeling of gripping corn on the cob with two hands to get a hearty bite? Hello, my name is Midwestern Girl and I miss summer. While walking to work this morning I noticed the frozen patches of ice, the damages of salt, the grayness of the sky, everyone rushing in their bundles and I realized I missed summer. I missed the color of the sun, bright yellows and vibrant rays of orange and I thought of corn on the cob. Aside from the undefeated BBQ, corn on the cob comes to mind for me when I think of a happy summer. So here’s my ode to summer in the form of a recipe.
- Fresh Corn on the Cob (5 cobs, remove husks and clean)
- Sweet Cream Butter (2 tablespoons)
- Parmesan Cheese (3 tablespoons, grated)
- Smoked Paprika (1 tablespoon)
- Parsley (1 tablespoon)
- Salt (1 teaspoon)
- Remove husks and clean corn.
- Bring 10 cups of water to a boil, add salt, and corn. Cook for 8 minutes
- Remove corn and transfer to a pan.
- Melt butter and apply to corn. A marinade brush can be used to butter the corn.
- Add Parmesan cheese, paprika, and parsley.