I cant believe its been a month since my last recipe post. The reopening of Chicago means I have to redevelop what my work day looks like; leaving less time for me to drop a word or two on Beyonce’s internet. Lately, I have received questions regarding healthy recipes and options. As the world reopens and we take a report of our GrubHub activity and the way our favorite pair of jeans no longer favor us; we are all trying to shake that quarantine weight off. I like how my friend put it in a recent convo. We got a little fluffy over the past year and a half.
I think conquering the midday snack is one way to do just that. I love fries, potato chips, and popcorn for those hunger slumps.The other day I was looking at this sad bag of baby carrots and it was staring back at me. While I crunched away, I decided to fashion my a healthier fry option and skip the delivery
. These green bean fries can be an easy substitute for days you are considering lowering carbs. Although, I have never met a carb I don’t like I can assure you I appreciate the break this snack allows me. A little parmesan and bread crumbs make for a healthy but satisfying snack or party app. Try this recipe out and tell me what your thighs think.
- Green Beans (1 lb., ends trimmed)
- Italian Bread crumbs (1/2 cup)
- Parmesan (1/2 cup, shredded)
- Egg (1, large)
- Garlic Powder (1/2 tsp)
- Thyme (1/2 tsp)
- Kosher Salt (1 tsp.)
- Black Pepper (1 tsp.)
- Olive Oil (2 tbs., if using an oven, skip oil if using an air fryer)
- Season green beans with garlic powder, thyme, salt, and black pepper.
- Mix together parmesan and bread crumbs
- Beat egg and coat the green beans.
- Roll the egg coated green beans in the parmesan crumb mixture.
- If cooking in an air fryer, you do not need to use the olive oil.
- Place green beans evenly/spaced out in your air fryer.
- Cook for 12-15 mins on 400° .
- If cooking in an oven, line your green beans on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake on 425° for 20-25 mins, until desired crispiness.
I usually serve mine with an aioli. (Garlic, Lemon, or Chive serve as good dipping options)