Go nuts for these homemade donuts! Forgive the sugary frenzy of recipes I have been sharing as of lately. My intentions are to share as many of my favorite holiday treats before they arrive. See I have good intentions. My intentions are as tasty as they are good. The one thing that adds to the holiday environment especially during times of confinement are fresh warm baked goods. Line them up on the counter. Show out for the in-laws. Spice it up for your pumpkin with these homemade oven baked pumpkin spice donuts.
On one of my late night cruises on Amazon I purchased these cute donut molds for 10$. This is an inexpensive and creative addition to your baking tool kit. You can accomplish some sophisticated donuts with less mess and no frying.
- Flour ( 2 cups)
- Brown Sugar (1/2 cup)
- Granulated Sugar (1 cup)
- Baking Powder (2 teaspoons)
- Kosher Salt (1/2 teaspoon)
- Cinnamon ( 1/2 teaspoon)
- Pumpkin Spice ( 2 teaspoon)
- Egg ( 1 medium to large)
- Milk (1 1/4 cup)
- Unsalted Butter ( 2 tablespoons, melted)
- Vanilla ( 2 teaspoons)
- Unsalted Butter (6 tablespoons, melted)
- Pumpkin Spice (1/2 teaspoon)
- Granulated Sugar (1/3 cup)
- Preheat the oven to 350 ° degrees.
- Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, pumpkin spice, and salt.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the egg, milk, melted butter, and vanilla.
- Combine the dry and wet mixtures.
- Spray or oil donut molds and pour the batter into the donut molds leaving a little room for the donuts to rise when baking. Bake for 15 mins or until donuts are golden brown. (You can test the donuts with a tooth pick to determine if done. Once the toothpick comes out smooth with no batter you know they are ready.)
- While donuts are cooling create the donut coating. Mix the pumpkin spice and sugar in one bowl and the melted butter in the other. Dip the donuts (both sides) in butter then the pumpkin spice sugar mixture and serve. This recipe makes 15 – 18 donuts.