French Toast, the adversary of pancakes in the battle of breakfasts and brunches across the world. I am definitely being dramatic. Well, at least the battle extends across my dining table. I love French Toast. Its something that can be accessorized with a variety of fruit, nuts, drizzles, and fairy dust like powdered sugar. It no far stretch to consider adding a bit of Italian lemon liqueur to the mix. Boozing up breakfast is chic. Its the high heels of brunch and of course I am wearing them; with nowhere to go but my living room. Just full, fancy and french toasted.
- Bread (4 slices)
- Brown Sugar ( 2 teaspoons)
- Egg (2)
- Milk (1/4 cup)
- Vanilla (1 teaspoon)
- Limoncello (2 teaspoons)
- Lemon Juice (1 teaspoon)
- Lemon Zest (1/2 teaspoon)
- Whisk together eggs, vanilla, lemon juice, limoncello, and milk.
- Dip each slice of bread into the mixture, coating both sides.
- Cook bread until golden brown on a lightly buttered skillet, sprinkling with brown sugar on each side before flipping.
- Finish with lemon zest and serve. *I also plated with powdered sugar and whipped cream but they aren’t required for this recipe.