This recipe is right on time for Taco Tuesday! Its been quite awhile since I’ve had a proper one. My birthday was right before the stay at home order went into place in March. That was last time my girlfriends and I clinked glasses and ordered more tacos than we could count. This recipe is a message in a bottle to all my girlies. To all the chips that haven’t been dipped. To all the Tequila that hasn’t been poured.
Staying true to my promise of a week of summer seafood recipes I’m serving up Baja Fish Tacos. Baja Fish Tacos are traditionally made with a deep fried white fish, shredded cabbage, and a creamy sauce. Staying true to those three texture oriented elements I used cod combined with my creamy Cilantro & Jalapeno Slaw recipe. This slaw can be prepared first and refrigerated while you prepare the cod and warm the tortillas.
- 1 1/2 Cod (sliced to desired serving size)
- Flour Tortillas (8-12)
- Red Onion (1/2, diced)
- Chili Powder (1 teaspoon)
- Cumin (1 teaspoon)
- Paprika (1 teaspoon)
- Salt (1/2 teaspoon)
- Flour (1 cup)
- Corn Meal (1 cup)
- Egg (2, medium – large)
- Buttermilk (1/4 cup)
- Cilantro ( 2 tablespoons , chopped, for garnish)
- Lime Wedges (for garnish)
- Vegetable Oil to fry
- Pre-made Slaw
- In a medium bowl whisk together eggs and buttermilk.
- In another wide bowl mix together flour, corn meal, chili powder, cumin, paprika and salt.
- Dip each cod cut in the egg mixture then dredge through the flour mix.
- Fry the battered cod in a large skillet for 2 minutes per side until golden brown.
- Serve fried cod on warm tortilla, topped with the chilled pre-made Cilantro & Jalapeno Slaw.
- Garnish with more cilantro, red onion, and lime.