A girl walks into a bar… Too soon? As of lately this girl is going for long walks to the kitchen. Bar food is a thing of the recent past considering this quarantine. I miss the late night simple things; a juicy burger with fries, buffalo wings, jalapeno poppers, pizza that looks like slices from an 80’s movie, hell anything fried and glazed. Most of all I miss a good fried cheese. That epic pulling apart of the toasty cheese has to be in the top 3 of food porn scene history. This easy fun recipe is a ode to bar food, the simple finger snacks we took for granted. Just pulling at my heart strings which in this case are made of mozzarella. Enjoy!
- Mozzarella String Cheese
- Italian Bread Crumbs (1 1/2 cup)
- Eggs (2 medium to large)
- Milk (1 tablespoon)
- Basil (1/2 teaspoon)
- Oregano (1/2 teaspoon)
- Vegetable Oil (1 1/2 cup)
- In a medium mixing bowl whisk eggs and milk together.
- In a separate bowl mix together breadcrumbs, basil, and oregano.
- Roll each string cheese stick in the egg mixture then roll them in the breadcrumbs.
- Repeat step #3, by rolling the breadcrumb covered string cheese in the egg mixture again and then the breadcrumbs. (Coating the mozzarella twice will ensure the breading sticks are coated thoroughly) *You can always add more breadcrumbs if the ones in your bowl start to clump.
- Place the coated mozzarella in the freezer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Heat oil in a skillet and fry coated sticks for 1 minute per side. ( When they are golden brown they are done)
- Remove from oil and let drain.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.