I’m on week two of “sheltering in place” while working from home. During my downtime I have been making it a point to close my laptop, put my phone on DND, disconnect from the news updates, and just cook. Most of us are relying upon the powers of our pantries. Rice and beans reign supreme in my cabinets so it didn’t take much consideration for me to think of a perfect pairing to those staples. This Mexican style shrimp took little time to make with a whole lot of flavor. From my plate to yours. Enjoy!
- Shrimp (1 Pound)
- Cilantro (1/3 cup chopped)
- Garlic ( 2 cloves, finely chopped)
- Jalapeno (1, chopped)
- Red Onion (1/2, chopped)
- Red Bell Pepper (1/2 chopped)
- Ground Cumin (2 teaspoons)
- Paprika (2 teaspoons)
- Thyme (1 teaspoon)
- Kosher Salt (1 teaspoon)
- Cooking Oil (1 tablespoon)
- Season shrimp with cumin, paprika, thyme, and salt.
- Saute cilantro, garlic, jalapeno, onion, and bell pepper with oil for 1-2 minutes.
- Add shrimp to the skillet with saute and cook 2-3 minutes per side or until shrimp is cooked through.
- Remove from heat and serve.