In my kitchen I have a menu vision board. Its a guide of sorts for me. I use the board to scribble proteins or flavor profiles I want to cook in the coming days. This month I scribbled Lamb, Andouille Sausage, and Scallops. Considering the finesse that goes into lamb and scallops, the fact that it was close to 8 pm, and I hadn’t decided on what to eat for dinner yet I chose Andouille Sausage. This would definitely be what I coined as a “Lazy Girl” meal. This recipe took less than 30 minutes to make. Allowing just enough time for me to eat, pop my bra straps loose, and have a binge-worthy discussion with my remote. Its Monday, don’t judge.
- Penne (1/2 container or 8 ounces)
- Shrimp (1 pound)
- Andouille Sausage (1/2 pound)
- Paprika (1 tablespoon)
- Crushed Red Pepper(1 tablespoon)
- Garlic ( 2 cloves, finely chopped)
- Green Onion (1 stalk, chopped)
- Red Bell Pepper ( 1, sliced)
- Oregano ( 2 teaspoons)
- Thyme (1 tablespoon)
- Black Pepper (1 tablespoon)
- Salt ( 2 teaspoons)
- Unsalted Butter ( 1 tablespoon)
- Olive Oil (1 tablespoon)
- Heavy Cream ( 1 cup)
- Shredded Parmesan ( 1/2 cup)
- Boil penne for 6 minutes or until Al Dente.
- While penne is boiling chop bell pepper, green onion, garlic and Andouille Sausage.
- Drain penne and set aside.
- Saute garlic with olive oil for 30 seconds in a large skillet and add sausage. Cook for 8 minutes on medium heat.
- While sausage is cooking season shrimp with black pepper, crushed red pepper, oregano, paprika, salt and thyme.
- Stir in seasoned shrimp, sliced bell pepper, and butter to the skillet with sausage. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Turn heat down to simmer. Stir in heavy cream and Parmesan. Simmer for 2 minutes.
- After sauce is consistent mix in penne and green onion.
- Serve and enjoy.