I love cucumbers. They are cool, fresh, and most of all hydrating. You can place them over puffy eyes on Sunday mornings to hide Saturday night’s secrets and also create healthy dishes. After hand rolling a ton of Thai Chili Turkey Meatballs (recipe coming soon) for a holiday potluck I thought a Cucumber Dill salad would provide refreshing complement to their sweet heat. Although this dish is simplistic, it can elevate a meal or do well as a starter/app.
- Medium to Large cucumbers (2)
- Lemon Juice, (1 tablespoon)
- Fresh Dill, chopped (4 tablespoons)
- Sugar (1 teaspoon)
- Kosher Salt (2 teaspoons)
- Fresh Parsley , chopped (2 tablespoons) *reserve a few sprigs for plating
- Champagne Vinegar (4 tablespoons)
- Peel and slice the cucumbers. Save some of the strips of cucumber skin. You can place a few of the peels in your salad to add a subtle element of color and varying shape to the salad. The strips look like dark green ribbons. Place cucumbers and cucumber “ribbons” in a medium bowl.
- Finely chop fresh dill and parsley and mix in with cucumbers.
- Add champagne vinegar, sugar, lemon juice, and salt(if desired) to cucumbers.
- Thoroughly mix together.
- Cover your bowl and refrigerate. (Longer refrigeration means more time for cucumbers to marinate and absorb seasoning.) I prepared this salad in the evening and served the following afternoon.
One Comment Add yours