Coleslaw has always been an afterthought. Its there but somehow never doing much. Most people I know tend to skip over it with a theory that if you’ve tasted one coleslaw you’ve pretty much tasted them all. With some added zest of dill and lime paired with the zing of jalapeno and cilantro this recipe brings coleslaw back to life. Its also easy and quick to make. Enjoy!
- Classic Coleslaw Mix (14 oz bag)
- Jalapeno (1 medium to large, chopped – include the seeds for extra heat)
- Sour Cream (3 tablespoons)
- Light Mayo (1/3 cup)
- Dill ( 1 tablespoon)
- Lime Juice ( 2 tablespoons)
- Cilantro (1/4 cup, chopped)
- Salt/ Coarse Ground Pepper (to taste)
- In a mixing bowl add the package of coleslaw and stir in the light mayo and sour cream.
- Add the remaining ingredients, thoroughly mixing.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator to chill prior to serving. Chilling this coleslaw allows all the fresh ingredients to settle together.