I always invite my friends over to indulge in tacos and margaritas on Cinco de Mayo. Usually I will just grab a few jars of salsa and/or pico de gallo from the grocery store and call it a day. However I was feeling motivated; pre-shots of tequila can do that. I made this quick and easy mango salsa in about 20 minutes and refrigerated until my friends arrived. It was a well received appetizer served along with warm tortilla chips. I may never get store bought salsa again. I am already thinking of different flavor profiles for my next Taco/Marg night. Taking the time to make the salsa provided an element of authenticity that didn’t go unnoticed by my guests. LETS TACO ‘BOUT IT!
- Mango (1, medium to large, diced)
- Bell Pepper (1, diced)
- Jalapeno (1, diced, remove seeds for less heat)
- Baby Tomatoes ( 1/4 cup, diced)
- Cilantro (1/3 cup, finely chopped)
- Sweet Onion (1/2, diced)
- Lime ( 1, squeezed, juice)
- Salt/Pepper to taste
- Smoked Paprika ( 1 teaspoon)
- Chop the mango, bell pepper, jalapeno, tomatoes, cilantro, and onion and add to a mixing bowl.
- Squeeze juice from the lime into the mixing bowl over ingredients.
- Season with salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Mix all the ingredients well.
- Cover and refrigerate for freshness until serving time.