One of my go-to dishes are these pan roasted mean green brussels machines. It takes about 20 minutes to make. Brussels sprouts have always had a tang of some sort to me. I can best describe it as earthy. These leafy buds with sweet apples, crunchy walnuts, and some flavorful prosciutto create a perfect fork-filling balance, complementing any entree/meal.
- Brussels Sprouts ( 1 pound, trimmed and halved)
- Gala Apple ( 1, medium chopped)
- Toasted Walnuts (1/4 cup)
- Olive Oil (2 tablespoons)
- Garlic (2 cloves, minced)
- Balsamic Vinaigrette ( 2 tablespoons)
- Prosciutto (2 oz, sliced)
- Kosher Salt (1/2 teaspoon)
- Coarse Ground Pepper (1 teaspoon)
- Fresh Thyme ( 1 teaspoon, chopped)
- In a medium skillet heat olive oil. Add brussels sprouts and garlic. Allow to cook for about 8 minutes on medium heat, covered.
- Add apples, thyme, balsamic vinaigrette, salt, pepper and let simmer for 3 minutes, or until apples begin to soften.
- After removing from heat mix in walnuts, prosciutto and serve.