Have you ever had a snack attack in the middle of the night? This pretzel bacon creation came to me in one of those moments. I had some left over hard sourdough pretzels and a craving for something equaled in savory and sweet. Somehow, in my kitchen, at an hour when most were sleeping I was up creating the anti-cookie. Enjoy!
- Medium/ Large sized “Snyder’s of Hanover” Pretzels (6)
- Bacon ( 6 strips)
- Chili Powder (1 tablespoon)
- Light Brown Sugar ( 1 tablespoon)
- Honey ( 1 tablespoon)
- Ricotta ( 3 tablespoons)
- Pure Vanilla (1 teaspoon)
- Powdered Sugar (1 tablespoon)
- Season bacon strips on both sides with chili powder and light brown sugar.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Wrap one slice of bacon around each pretzel, starting from one side to the other. To keep bacon strip in place try to tuck the ends of the bacon in the open corners of the pretzels.
- Place each bacon wrapped pretzel on a baking rack. A rack will help the bacon cook thoroughly and crisp all over.
- Place pretzels in the oven for 15 -20 minutes or until desired crispiness.
- While pretzels are cooking combine ricotta, honey, vanilla, and powdered sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Remove pretzels from oven and let cool off. Serve with dipping sauce on the side.