I’m already contemplating my menu for Memorial Day. Revisiting my favorite PBBQ recipe. There is a perfect balance of sweet and heat in this sauce. When I served this there was a lot of finger licking. Enjoy!
- Tomato Paste (1/4 cup)
- Tomato Sauce (1 1/2 cup)
- Fresh Thyme ( 1 teaspoon, chopped- save a few stems to garnish meat/protein )
- Pineapple Juice (1/4 cup)
- Apple Cider Vinegar (2 tablespoons)
- Honey (3 tablespoons)
- Dark Brown Sugar ( 1 tablespoon)
- Chili Powder (1 tablespoon)
- Garlic Powder (1 teaspoon)
- Smoked Paprika (1 teaspoon)
- Onion Powder (1 teaspoon)
- Crushed Red Pepper (2 teaspoons)
- Salt (1/2 teaspoon)
- In a mixing bowl whisk all the ingredients together.
- Transfer mixture to a sauce pan, cover, and bring to a simmer for 15 minutes or until the sauce has thickened/started to caramelize slightly. * I usually add a few pineapple chunks/cubes in the sauce while cooking to ensure the pineapple component is highlighted.